Dear Citrus County Resident,
My name is Patrick A. Crippen, my family has been in Citrus for nearly 50 years
I am your hometown candidate for the Office of Sheriff in 2020 for Citrus County.
I would like to share my family, educational and work experiences with you.
I was born in Miami, Florida in 1965. I am Florida native. I have two older sisters, Peggy and Geri. Peggy is a long time Crystal River Middle School teacher. Geri is a longtime community leader and business owner of Village Services Inc. in Citrus Springs. I also have two older brothers Mike and Danny. Mike is a foreman of facilities for the City of Palm Bay Florida. He was also the first ever corporal with the Crystal River Police Department under Chief John Pelham. He also served as a lieutenant with the Crystal River Fire Department. My Brother Danny was killed in an auto crash in 1976 while returning to Miami from the Florida Keys. I am the youngest of the children, my parents always said they saved the best for last!
My mother and father are deceased. My father was a sergeant in the United States Army Air Corp, assigned as a tail gunner. My mother was a long time Citrus County School Board employee. Most adults that grew up in Homosassa and went to Homosassa Elementary School knew her as Ms. Rita the lunchroom cashier. After her retirement, she volunteered as Mrs. Santa Claus at local events in Citrus County. The Crippen family has always been involved and served within our community.
I am married to Heather. Heather holds an MBA in business and has worked in the aerospace industry for many years as finance analyst. Heather recently changed careers and is now a school teacher at Central Ridge Elementary School. We have a total of three children. Our daughter Brittany is married to Caleb Curry, of the Curry Roofing family in Crystal River. Caleb is a sergeant in the United Stated Army and just signed on for another five years. They have been in Germany for the past three years, and in March 2019, Caleb and Brittany will return to the USA and will be stationed in Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Our Daughter Katie is in her second year of college at the University of North Texas and is studying health science and would like to work at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention someday. Our son Caleb is a senior in high school and will be graduating June 2019 and is planning on attending college to pursue a career in sports medicine.
MY FORMAL EDUCATION
- Homosassa Elementary School – Go Dolphins!
- Crystal River Middle School – Go Bearcats!
- 1984: Crystal River High school graduate – Mighty Pirates!
- Associate of Science degree – Central Florida Community College.
- Bachelor’s degree – Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach FL.
- Master’s degree in business – MBA University Dallas – in process 1 semester remaining.
MY LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Nearly 20 years certified as a State of Florida Law Enforcement Officer
- Lieutenant – State of Florida, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission – Assigned to Aviation Unit as Pilot, assisting with Training and Safety of unit.
- Deputy Sheriff- Marion County Sheriff’s Office – Assigned to Aviation Unit as Pilot
- Deputy Sheriff- Citrus County Sheriff’s Office- Assigned to Aviation unit as Pilot/Tactical Flight Officer
- Correctional Officer – Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
- Police Officer – City of Crystal River
MY LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING AND BACKGROUND
- 1987: Law Enforcement Officer certified by the State of Florida – Withlacoochee Vocational/Technical college – Inverness, Florida.
- 1988: Correctional Officer certified by the State of Florida – Withlacoochee Vocational/Technical college – Inverness, Fl.
- 2000: Cross designation with United States Customs as a Blue Lighting Strike Force Customs Officer, giving authority of a Federal Police Officer.
- 1988: Intoxilyzer 5,000 Operators Certification
- 1988: Breathalyzer 800, 900, 900A & 1000 Operators Certification
- 1988: Radiological Monitoring Certification
- 1991: Cannabis Detection and Eradication – United States Drug Enforcement Certification
- 1991: Marijuana Aerial Detection Certification – Florida Department of Law Enforcement Certification
- 1998: Line Supervisor Training Certificate – Florida Department of Law Enforcement Certification
- 1998: Human Diversity for Law Enforcement Instructors Certification
- 1998: Court Case Preparation and Court Presentation Advance Training Certification
- 2000: Supervisor Training Certification – Southeast Florida Criminal Justice Academy
- 2000: Leadership Training Certification – Southeast Florida Criminal Justice Academy
- 2000: Team Building Certification – Southeast Florida Criminal Justice Academy
- 2000: Blue Lighting Strike Force Customs Officer Cross designation course
- 2000: Cannabis Aerial Detection – Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement Certification
- 2000: Cannabis Detection – United States Drug Enforcement Certification
- 2000: Thermal Imagery Certification – United States Department of Justice
- 2000: Thermal Imagery Certification – Florida Department of Law Enforcement Certification
- 2002: Aviation Unit Manager Course Certification for Law Enforcement
- 2002: Weapons of Mass Destruction Certification
- 2003: Middle Management Certificate – Central Florida Community College Certification
- 2003: Middle Management Certificate – Florida Department of Law Enforcement Certification
- 2004: Law Enforcement Officer – Instructor Certification
- 2005: Flight School Security Awareness for Law Enforcement
MY CORPORATE EXPERIENCE
- 12 years corporate management experience, managing business and people
- Vice President – North America – Axyal Fr. SAS/Axyal
- Director of Business Development – General Dynamics Inc. (Imagery Business Unit)
- Marketing Manager, Law Enforcement- Airbus Aircraft – American Eurocopter Inc.
- Manager Business Development/Administration Supervisor – Bell Helicopter-Textron Inc.
- Manager Customer Training Academy Safran Turbine Engine company Inc.
- Manager Commercial Accounts/Business Development, Air Methods Inc.
MY CORPORATE TRAINING
- 2013: White Belt Six Sigma – Safran Inc.
- 2008: Green Belt Six Sigma Management Training Certification – Textron Inc.
- 2005: Writing winning Federal Proposals Certification – Shipley Associations
- 2005: Presentations that Work- Certification – Booher Consulting Inc.
- 2004: Siebel Customer Relationship Management Certification – EADS Company Inc.
- 2004: Strategies for developing Effective Presentation Skills Certification – American Management Association Company Inc.
MY CORPORATE COMMENDATIONS
- Bell Helicopter-Textron Inc. – 2007 Commendation award “Loving the Business”
- Bell Helicopter-Textron Inc. – Commendation award ” Innovation Award”
- Bell Helicopter-Textron Inc. – 2007 Employee of the month
MY LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMENDATIONS
- Governor Jeb Bush – Free Trades of America Miami Summit
- Commissioner Herky Huffmen – Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission – Airborne Law Enforcement Association Daytona Beach
- Sheriff Ken Ergle – Marion County – Belleview Police search and arrest
- Chief David Cook – Crystal River Police Department- Promotion letter for position with Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
- Sheriff Ken Ergle – Marion County – Hurricane Opal
MY AVIATION EXPERIENCE
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot
- Certified Instrument Helicopter Flight instructor
- Commercial Fixed Wing Pilot (Single and Twin engine)
- Certified Fixed Wing Airplane Flight instructor
- Helicopter Pilot time: 5,000 hours
- Fixed wing Pilot time: 1,000 hours
- Director for Airborne Law Enforcement Association
- Director for Airborne Law Enforcement Accreditation Commission
- Past Assistant Department Chair – Sacramento City College – Advanced Aeronautics, Bell Helicopter-Textron Inc. Helicopter-Textron Inc. Helicopter program
- Federal Aviation Administration – Fort Worth TX. Aviation Safety Counselor
- Federal Aviation Administration – Orlando Aviation Safety Counselor
MY ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- Airborne Law Enforcement Association / Airborne Public Safety Association
- Helicopter Association International
- United States Deputy Sheriff’s Association
- National Association of Flight Instructors
- Board Member of We Care food pantry – Homosassa
- Member of Church Without Walls Church – Lecanto
- Member of the Men’s Fellow Christian group – Inverness
- Member of the Inverness Rotary – Volunteer through my Club
- Volunteer at numerous events for the City of Inverness
- Volunteer at numerous events for the Church Without Walls food ministry – Lecanto
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me, my law enforcement background, training, and business experiences. This experience coupled with my love of Citrus County as well as growing up in Citrus County, makes me the only viable candidate for the position of Sheriff in 2020.
I ask you for your support, endorsements and vote in the Primary 2020 election. This is a very important election for Citrus County!
If you would like to meet, volunteer your time, or get a yard sign, please go to our web page or send me an email: email@example.com
Please call upon me anytime as my door is always open!